Virtual Fundraising Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a Virtual Food Drive?
A Virtual Food Drive is an easy way to raise funds and help the Community FoodBank of New Jersey serve families in need. The FoodBank's Virtual Food Drive is a representational web-based tool that allows individuals and groups to hold an online food drive. While we love donations in any form, our Virtual Food Drive allows us to serve more clients, more efficiently. It's fast, easy and fun!
2 .What is a Virtual Fundraiser?
A Virtual Fundraiser allows supporters to create their own custom fundraising page in order to raise funds on behalf of the FoodBank.
3. Who can run a Virtual Food Drive or Fundraiser?
Anyone can host a Virtual Food Drive or Fundraiser. You can register as an individual, you can start your own team or you can join an existing team. Your event can be customized to meet the needs of your organization, your church group, your family or yourself. Click here to start your Virtual Food Drive today >>
Below are some benefits of running a Virtual Food Drive or Fundraiser:
- It's the greenest and easiest of all fundraisers.
- It allows for group participation.
- You may use any major credit card or PayPal for payment on our secure website.
- Donors receive an e-receipt confirming their donations immediately.
- It saves the Community FoodBank of New Jersey the time and resources incurred by a physical food drive.
- Your donations allow us to purchase our most-needed items.
4. How do I get started?
- Simply select either “Hold a Virtual Food Drive” or “Host a Virtual Event” on our Virtual Events home page.
- Register: You can register as an individual or as part of an existing team, or you can start your own team.
- Log into your participant center (at the top of your page) and personalize your Virtual Fundraiser with a photo and a personal message.
- Invite friends, family members and coworkers to your page to help you meet your fundraising goal!
5. What about regular food donations?
The FoodBank collects food and funds through community food and fund drives hosted by individuals, corporations, clubs, schools and associations. Food drives supply non-perishable items that are greatly needed for our community partners and help provide varieties of food often difficult to obtain from other sources. A Virtual Food Drive is just another giving opportunity. We encourage food drive organizers to host both virtual and traditional food drives. If you would like to speak to someone about organizing a food drive, please contact Gleny Herlihy, Food Sourcing Manager, at 908-355-3663 ext. 304 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Can I just make a donation?
Sure you can! If you would like to make a donation to the FoodBank's Virtual Food Drive, please click here >>
7. Virtual Food Drive disclaimer:
Please note that the Virtual Food Drive is a representational giving tool and is meant to provide you with illustrative examples of the powerful return on investment that results when a financial gift is made to support our neighbors in need.
8. What if I still have questions?
Please contact Evelyn Chiu at 908-355-3663 ext.252 or email@example.com.